MacTaggart Scott Loanhead Brass Band (known here as the Band) are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (2018) (GDPR). We are the Data Controllers for any data provided directly to us.
We are using information about you because you have given us your consent by:
- Joining the Band as a player
- Becoming a Friend of the Band
If you have enquired about booking the band for an engagement, we are using the information gathered during these processes as a legitimate business interest.
Why we collect your information:
The information you provide to MacTaggart Scott Loanhead Brass Band will be used to deliver and improve the services and products we provide, to ensure that you receive relevant information. Your information will be processed by MacTaggart Scott Loanhead Brass Band to:
- Provide relevant information on engagements or band events
- Assist in ensuring your safety and well-being whilst you are with the band
If you have opted-in to receive our newsletters, we will also use your personal data to:
- Keep you up-to-date with news about the band, as well as other relevant activities
The Band will use one or more external companies to process information about you behalf of the Band. The Band remains responsible for the information and will ensure it is kept securely.
We use the following companies to process your information:
- Mailchimp: to send out our newsletters
- WP Forms: To collect queries via our website contact form
- Google Drive: To store and access data.
- Google Analytics: To monitor website usage when agreeing to cookies
- Band.US: To provide information to you regarding Band activities while you are a member of the Band.
As a competing brass band, we are required to share information with the following organisations:
- The Scottish Brass Band Association (SBBA). To register your details and ensure you are eligible to play for the Band.
How we store your data
- Google Drive: We store your data in a digital format on Google Drive. In order to ensure this data is safe, data held on Google Drive may be transferred outside of the E.U. Google Drive is a Google Cloud service which is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
- Mailchimp: In order to ensure this data is safe, data held on Mailchimp may be transferred outside of the E.U. Mailchimp is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks.
How long we hold your data
We will hold the personal data you provided us in accordance with our data retention schedule.
Data collected when playing with the Band: If you join the Band as a player, we will keep this data until for 1 year after you notify us that you have stopped playing with the band. After this time we will securely destroy the data collected.
Newsletter sign-up: If you have opted to receive the Band newsletter, we will keep hold of your data until you opt-out of the service.
Data collected through website tracking: We hold this data for 26 months after your last visit to our website. After this time the data collected will be deleted.
If you have any questions, or if you would like your data to be deleted, please contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org